What does PACESC require?
PACESC requireswhat the SC law requires:
[Responsibility of homeschooling parents]
(a) a parent must hold at least a high school diploma or the equivalent general educational development (GED) certificate;
(b) the instructional year is at least one hundred eighty days;
(c) the curriculum includes, but is not limited to, the basic instructional areas of reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies, and in grades seven through twelve, composition and literature must be added
(d) educational records shall be maintained by the parent-teacher and include:
(1) a plan book, diary, or other record indicating subjects taught and activities in which the student and parent-teacher engage;
(2) a portfolio or samples of the student's academic work; and
(3) a semiannual progress report including attendance records and individualized documentation of the student's academic progress in each of the basic instructional areas specified in (c) above.
[Responsibility of PACESC director]
By January of each year, all associations shall report the number and grade level of children home schooled through the association to the children's respective school districts.
What you must send PACESC...
1st year (new to PACESC):
- Application for Membership accompanied by fee
- Parent/Teacher Doc form or the mail in Notary Form (for primary teaching parent/guardian)
- After 180 days are completed... complete the YEC (Year End Compliance Statement)
- Reenrollment if you choose to continue homeschooling with PACESC. All memberships end May 31st.
- Keep all records as required by law. If kept on a computer, make sure you have a reliable back up.
2nd year and beyond (prior member of PACESC):
- Reenrollment for Membership accompanied by fee to continue with PACESC
- Members will no longer be able to reenroll if they have not completed the online Parent/Teacher Doc form or do not have the older Notary Form on file in our office (for primary teaching parent/guardian)
- After 180 days are completed... send the YEC (Year End Compliance Statement)
- Keep all records as required by law.